Terms & Conditions
How do I Participate?
Participation is allowed take part in the promotion during the promotional period from 19th
February 2020 until 31st March 2020.
- Promotion will be communicated in-store and on digital platforms
- Participant needs to get on snickershungerinsurance.com and will be asked to make a claim.
- By making a claim, the participant will be directed to a Facebook Messenger chatbot. The participant will
require a Facebook account to participate.
- The participant will be asked to provide basic information to the chatbot.
- Valid submissions make the participant eligible to claim a voucher for one (1) additional 50g Snickers bar
purchase of one (1) 50g Snickers bar.
- Participants will not be able to make more than one claim per day.
- Once the Promotion Period 19th February 2020 until 31st March 2020. is over, Participants will no longer be
able to make claims.
Information on how to enter & prize details form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not
complying with these terms and conditions will be invalid. Entrants must follow the instructions stated on
Anyone who participates in the promotion is agreeing to all the terms and conditions as stated.
How does the Promoter select a Winner?
- To participate in the promotion entrants must follow the instructions as stated on the landing page of
- Participants will need to enter a description of ‘hunger-related’ incidents and the chatbot will
detect, using key words and phrases, whether the entry is valid.
- In case of valid entries not detected by the chatbot, the participant will be redirected to a community
- Validity of entries is solely at the discretion of the Promoter.
- Valid entries will be awarded with a coupon for one (1) 50g SNICKERS bar when they purchase one (1) 50g
What are the Prizes?
- The prize will be a coupon for one (1) 50g SNICKERS bar valid upon purchase of one (1) 50g SNICKERS bar.
- The prize is redeemable at Circle K, Emirates Towers branch only.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to ensure they claim their prize.
The standard terms that follow apply to the Competition. By Participating in the Competition the Entrant accepts
and agrees to be bound by the Standard Terms.
In the Standard Terms, the following definitions apply:
The Promoter's associated companies, agents, employees, contractors, customers, partners and sponsors
SNICKERS Hunger Insurance
- Competition closes on March 31st.
- Prizes must be redeemed latest by 31st March 2020.
Entry is open to residents of the UAE. Any entrant who is under the age of 21 years must have their parent or
guardian’s permission to enter the promotion.
19th February 2020
Get a chance to win 1 (one) free 50g SNICKERS bar when you purchase 1 (one) 50g SNICKERS bar.
The prize described in these Standard Terms
Mars GCC is the promoter. PO Box 17139, Dubai, UAE
An Entrant with a valid entry will win the Prize of the Competition
The Promoter may amend or update the Standard Terms at any time without notice by publishing the revised Standard
Terms on its website at snickershungerinsurance.com.
- The Competition
- The Competition is hosted and provided to the Entrant by the Promoter.
- The Competition will run from 9:00 am local time in the UAE on the (19st February 2020) until midnight
local time in UAE on the (31st March 2020).
- The Competition is only open to the following individuals
- aged 21 years (measured in accordance with the Gregorian calendar) or over, unless they are aged under
21 years, in which case they may only Participate with the consent of their legal guardian.
- who are residents of the UAE:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of (i) agents of or suppliers to the Promoter or their respective holding or subsidiary
companies, or (ii) other partners, who are associated with the Competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- All entries must be submitted and received by the Promoter no later than midnight local time in UAE on
31st March 2020.
- Any late, incomplete or otherwise illegible entries will not be considered as valid and will be
automatically disqualified from the Competition.
- 2.3 The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for Competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit,
regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure,
technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any
- proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the Competition; or
- entries that are:
- automatically generated by a computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- photocopies and not originals; or
- By entering the Competition, the Entrant confirms that he or she is eligible to:
- enter into the Competition; and
- claim any Prize he or she may win.
- There is a limit of one entry to the Competition per person. Entries on behalf of another person will
not be accepted and joint submissions are not permitted.
- The Winner and Prizes
- The winner will be contacted by the promoter agency and notified if he/she has been picked for any of the
prizes (big or small prizes)
- the Promoter cannot contact the Winner; or
- the Winner (i) does not, or (ii) is not available to, collect or receive the Prize, the Promoter may,
at its sole discretion and subject to applicable laws in the Eligible Territory, select and award the
Prize to an alternative Winner.
- The Winner must produce valid photographic identification in order to claim the Prize. The Promoter may
request verification of the age, identity or residential address of the Winner and any other information
relevant to entry into or Participation in the Competition that the Promoter considers to be relevant. The
Promoter may refuse to award the Prize to a Winner who does not provide the Promoter with the verification
information or documentation that the Promoter requests within the timeframe that the Promoter prescribes.
- The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, substitute the Prize for an alternative prize (including cash in
any currency) of equivalent monetary value without notice and justification. Prizes are subject to
- The Promoter's decision in all matters relating to the Competition, including the selection of the Winner
and the award of the Prize, is final and binding.
- The Prize may not be claimed by a third party on behalf of the Winner.
- Prizes are given to the Winner by the Promoter on a non-transferable, non-refundable and non-negotiable
- Promoter's Rights and Limitation of Liability
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant (including a Winner) who provides false,
incomplete or misleading information, who submits ineligible or incomplete information or documentation, who
conspires with others to gain an unfair advantage, who is otherwise involved in any way in manipulating or
interfering with the Competition, who is in breach of or has failed to comply with these Standard Terms or
whose conduct is, in the sole opinion of the Promoter, inappropriate, unlawful, offensive or contrary to the
spirit or intention of the Competition.
- Entries that do not comply in full with these Standard Terms will be disqualified from the Competition at
the Promoter's discretion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Competition (and these Standard Terms)
at any time and without notice including if the Competition cannot be operated, conducted or completed as
planned for any reason, including but not limited to compliance with applicable laws in the Eligible
Territory. If the Competition does not go ahead or is cancelled for any reason, the Entrant agrees to waive
any rights that he or she may have in respect of the Competition or against the Promoter and acknowledges
that he or she will have no recourse against the Promoter and its Affiliates The Promoter and its Affiliates
assume no liability whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss, injury or damage arising from any
participation in the Competition, including, but not limited to, arising out of the following:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction, (whether or not under the Promoter's control);
- any theft, loss, unauthorized access or third party interference;
- any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged incomplete, or misdirected (whether or
not after submission) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation of the Prize;
- any tax or duty liability incurred by a Winner in connection with his or her Participation or winning
or collecting a Prize; or
- use or receipt of the Prize.
- Ownership of Competition Entries and Intellectual Property Rights
- All Competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property
of the Promoter on receipt and will not be returned.
- By submitting a Competition entry and any accompanying material, the Entrant agrees to:
- assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and
- waive all moral rights,
in and to his or her Competition entry and otherwise arising in connection with his or her entry to
which he or she may now or at any time in the future be entitled under any applicable laws in the
- The Entrant agrees to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable license, for the full
period of any intellectual property rights in the Competition entry and any accompanying materials, to use,
display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-license the Competition entry and
any accompanying materials for such purposes.
- Data Protection and Publicity
- The Entrant agrees that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make his or her entry available on its
website and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any
publicity of the Competition or any other competition that the Promoter may run in the future.
- The Entrant (and the Winner in particular) agrees to participate in any reasonable publicity in connection
with the Competition required by the Promoter.
- Personal data or details from Entrants may be collected and used for the purpose of conducting this
Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the
Competition) and for promotional purposes surrounding the Competition.
- By entering the Competition, each Entrant consents to the use of his or her information as described in
these Standard Terms and agrees that the Promoter may use that information without any further reference or
payment to, or consent from, him or her.
- The identity of the Winner may, at the Promoter's sole discretion, be announced in local or international
media, or on or through the website, retail outlets or any other media of the Promoter and its Affiliates.
the Winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name, image, town or country of residence and photograph/s
for publicity and promotion purposes, without compensation.
- entering the Competition; and / or
- claiming a Prize,
- These Standard Terms, the Competition and procedure for claiming the Prize, shall be governed and
construed in accordance with the federal laws of the UAE.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for different prizes.
- If any prize was unclaimed, the unclaimed prizes will be managed as per each country’s Chamber of Commerce
or Ministry of Finance requirements.
- Mars’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will only be available for winners in their respective participating country of residence.